hopRSS

Friday, November 5, 2010

Kang exploits Inskster's bogey at 18 for victory

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia--Jimin LPGA Sime Darby Kang won the Malaysia for its other LPGA Tour title, beating July Inkster by a stroke Sunday when 50-year-old Hall of Famer bogeyed the last hole.

Kang, 30-year-old Korean player who went to high school in Edmonds, Wash, and participated at Arizona State, made a 12-foot Birdie putt on the par-4 18th for a 6-under 65 and a 9-under total at Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club.

"Speechless," Kang said. "It is not easy to do for me.I played fast.I broke a number of putts. as you know, my score was good enough to win a tournament, and you know, it's been a while I try to drag it.

"Oh, my God, I can't believe I won!"

Inkster finished his second straight 67.She birdied No. 15-17 to take the lead, but could not keep in his attempt to break the record LPGA Tour age 46 years, 8 months Beth Daniel in 2003, the Canadian women's open.

Play in the group behind Kang, pushed her second shot to the right Manchester bunker at 18 Inkster, when somewhere almost from sand before you two begins bogey.

"When I do not have it, I do not have it right," said Inkster if her strategy that shot."It was a three-quarter sides shot and I left it out; I played well throughout the day.

"I really like what I do. It is nice to be able to compete. "

Kang, 2005 LPGA Corning Classic winner, birdied three of the last four holes and earned $ 270,000 in the opening event.

"All I know is it's been five years," Kang said. "It is invaluable.

She was temporarily confused about his position on the last hole, thinking she was tied with Inkster instead of a line behind.

"I saw the scoreboard and I thought that I like were bound, and I was like" Maybe I could win with a bird "," Kang says. "And I saw it, July was at 9 below.I realized I was like, oh, "I have been doing this bird to go to the finals between the two."

"I was too far to only make pairs and stay in second place. so then I was not nervous, I was impressed with me; and Yes, putt rolled in."

Sweden's Maria Hjorth (71) and Japan Mika Miyazato (69) tied for third at 6 below, South Korea Meena Lee (69) was 5, American Christina Kim (69), and South Korea Jiyai Shin (70) was 4 below, and American Cristie Kerr (67) was 3 below.

Kerr is expected to regain the top spot in the world of Japan's Ai Mayazato when rankings released Monday. AI Miyazato shot a 69 bind for 28th at 2.

"It would be great to take over no. 1 this week," said Kerr. "There have been so close to four last tournaments. It came down to a putt in Alabama and last week, I had a good finish, but it just was not sufficiently close I have thinking about this race all year; it comes down to a putt here or there and cannot get closer."

Michelle Wie shot a 74 bind for 34th at 3.

The tour will remain in Asia over the next two weeks for events in South Korea and Japan.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment